Thursday 5 May 2016

Test Sketch | Artwork 01

I bought a new sketchbook not too long ago because my current one is about to run out. I haven't used this kind of brand before and the texture of the paper is different from my old one. So I drew a sketch just to test the quality of the paper.




I didn't like the quality of the paper at all.

My pencil won't blend properly and sometimes it's even damaging the paper. When I erase in the same spot multiple times, it easily damages the paper no matter how gently I erase which kind of sucks. This means I won't be able to do some major artworks in this sketchbook and I get these little 'paper crumbs' that get in the way of my sketch.

I have yet to test this one with oil pastels and see if it won't damage the paper with all the blending. 

To be fair, this sketchbook is cheaper compared to my old ones. It's kind of a waste since this sketchbook is thick and the size is perfect for me, but the quality of the paper is crappy. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment