Friday 6 May 2016

Hey Dad! | Fleeting Memories 01


                         
Did you ever experience laying down on your bed in the middle of the night, unable to sleep, contemplating the meaning of your existence and then suddenly, unwanted memories that you buried deep in the hellish depths of your mind just barge in your brain?

Yes, I’m talking about the most embarrassing memories.
I hate how they flash so quickly and unexpectedly in your mind as if you were transported back in that dreadful day. They’re like ninjas sneaking up on you, ready to pounce. I don’t even want to remember them. Ever.

And when I do remember them, I cringe.



As a very anxious person, I have always been worried of how people view me, or if they remember the things I did that I consider very embarrassing.

So here, I present to you “Fleeting Memories” where I share some of my most embarrassing moments that I wish I could forget.

(By sharing it to the world?)

Meh.

Some embarrassing moments happened with strangers and maybe I should think,

“Oh, it’s ok. You’ll probably never see each other again.”

And maybe that’s right.

However, I always have this paranoid feeling that they will recognise me the moment we cross paths and that is not entirely impossible no matter how big the city is.

One time, we were watching a group of Japanese people dancing in the street and their awesome stunts. A crowd formed a circle and I got separated from my dad when I tried to buy some ice cream.

I don’t even know what happened or more precisely why it happened. Perhaps it was because my ice cream was poisoned? But the next thing that happened is that I fastened my arm around a random guy thinking it was my dad.



He didn’t even look the least bit like my dad. He didn’t wear the same colour of clothing, doesn’t have the same height and body shape.

In short,

I don’t know why I did it in the first place.



But that’s not the fun part.
He didn’t say a single word for about ten seconds, neither did I, neither did his girlfriend whom he was with. We all knew a stranger just hugged this guy yet nobody said a word.
  

Slowly but surely, I unfastened my stupid self from him and slowly walked away in shame, hoping not to see him forever in my life time.


I wish the ground would eat me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment